Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Psalm 2:4

Can you or I take confidence when God laughs? according to the Word of God the answer is YES!  Ps. 37:13 and Ps. 59:8 imply the same thing but you have to know him.

A couple of weeks ago I was watching a baseball game when a very, very loud clap of thunder boomed across the stadium.  The catcher and batter immediately ran off the field, in opposite directions, toward their own dugouts.  I would have done the same thing, maybe even a little faster!  But it did make me laugh out loud, you know, those moments when you laugh at someone else from the safe confines of your home?  Even the guy on first base goes down on all fours, it was a classic "panic" moment that elicits laughs and mostly out of nervous reactions, here's the video.

Now, by showing this, I'm not implying that God laughs at all those in the stadium because they're "held in derision" by God.  It just makes me wonder what the reaction will be of those who stand on something other than what God doesn't laugh at, namely His Son, Jesus Christ.  You know the one who, when asked about heaven, will say, "I'm a good person, I haven't killed anyone, I haven't physically cheated on my wife..." and when asked about God or his Person refer to him as, "the Man upstairs".  So, how can someone who I've described above get confidence in a God who might laugh at them one day?  you know when the "kings of the earth set themselves...against the Lord and against his Anointed."

Well, I can tell you this, confidence cannot come from earthly confidence in good works or puffing myself up with knowledge.  I mean, think about it, one loud CLAP of thunder and grown men are running!  But that is nothing compared to having God laugh at you on the day of judgment, its a laughter that will be 10,000x louder than any thunder that you've heard.

You might say, "well I've never set myself - 'against the Lord or his Anointed'", but what have you done with Jesus Christ?  There is my confidence, there is my hope and assurance on the day I stand before God, I'll be laughing with Him, not like the guy sitting there laughing because he doesn't get the joke!  I desire you to be with me on that day, laughing with Him - do you know him?

The Gospel is this - Jesus Christ came to save sinners who are desperately lost.  He died on the cross, an act of grace beyond comparison, to ransom us that we might go from enemy to friend of God.  Do you believe that?  1) I'm a sinner beyond any repair that my good works could never make any better, 2) Christ died for my sin and according to the scriptures I'm given grace in place of judgment, and, 3) by confessing with my mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord, repenting of my sin and walking in grace I can have new life and laugh in a new way. 

If you truly have repented of your sin and forsaken your sin to walk in a relationship with Jesus Christ, would you reach out to me?  Three ways, twitter: @gospeldiet, leave a comment or tlinkletter at gmail dot com.

God bless you and my the Gospel spread throughout the world that all may know a God who is for us in Christ!

Take care,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment